What Is Embodied Flow??
Embodied Flow is a holistic approach to yoga and somatic awareness designed for the individual to open blockages in the fascia (connective tissue) and re-pattern the internet of the body helping one live a healthier and more balanced life. It has it’s base in the roots of yoga (Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Alignment based) and Tantra and is catered to the individual, offering new evolutionary pathways, tools for self-empowered wellness and health, and ways of honoring of our sacred earth. It is a journey to our full potential as embodied and creative beings to live in alignment and connection with our true purpose.
What is the Practice?
We blend physical yoga postures, movement arts, kriyas, breath work, mudras, mantras, meditation, chanting as well as indigenous wisdom and energy work. These practices are designed to increase strength and open blocked energy in the body, mind and heart, re-patterning and raising our vibration to our natural peak state of well being. With these different modalities we create daily life practices for the individual that align one with their higher potential.
The Intelligence of the Body
We inhabit a body that communicates and processes information on a sensory level far more encompassing than our cultural view leads us to believe. We have access to massive intelligence that informs us through all of our multi-dimensional ways of being. Research has shown that a large percent of communication is non-verbal. We are exchanging information all the time even when we are not speaking. Embody Radiance Yoga offers tools, practices and lifestyle for discovering and accessing information within ourselves that comes from intelligence beyond what is already known.
We are Vibrational Beings!!
This art of embodying more radiance through yoga is a practice of remembering who we are as vibrational beings and who we are becoming. It’s an invitation to bring awareness to thoughts, feelings and emotions working with them as vibration in the body. We go into the places where we get stuck and using the breath and presence, allowing the life force to open and flow, creating new pathways. Embodiment is about acknowledging all of our emotions, thoughts, sensations and feelings, giving them space and letting them flow. It’s an invitation into the core of the heart and the root of the body to reveal our interconnectedness to all of life.
Prana is the foundation and essence of all life; the energy and vitality that pervades the entire universe. It flows in everything that exists. It is the connection between the material world, consciousness and mind.
Prana is distributed in the body through a network of the nadis “meridians” to every part of body. It is said there are 72,000 nadis in the human body. Among them are three important nadis:
Ida, the “Moon”, connected with the left nostril
Pingala, the “Sun”, connected with the right nostril
Sushumna, the “Central Nadi”, within the spinal
Ida and pingala criss-cross each other at seven chakras along sushumna nadi creating energy vortexes. As we move up along sushumna nadi the elements become lighter and lighter, starting with the five physical elements of earth, water, fire, air, and ether, and then moving up through the spiritual elements of sound and light.
Our practice is to transform Kundalini Shakti into prana Shakti. Waking up what’s asleep. All yoga is about awakening what’s asleep. We do the practice to have more of these Shakti’s awakened. How do we raise our vibration?
Here are just a few ways:
- Study yourself intimately and practice self love. This is the practice of inner Svadyaya. Know your shadow and where you feel limited. Until you have done the inner work required, the attempt to raise your vibration will be in vain.
- Be humble and unwavering in your commitment.
- Have some sort of physical practice to move energy. Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong, dance.
- Be and think positive: The universe operates as vibrational frequency. Positive thinking is lighter than negative thinking. Only say positive things about people.
- Connect with nature: Nurture your relationship with the spirit of plants and animals. Connect with their frequency of vibration.
- Eat well: Eat food that is light, peak and well balanced.
- Laugh as much as possible: Don’t take yourself seriously. In order to raise your vibration you have to be light and laughter makes you lighter. When you are too serious, you get caught into the mental plane and that energy is heavy. So have fun as much as possible.
- Be of service to other people. It makes you feel better and raise your vibration.
- Touch and contact. Can be hugs, massage, lovemaking, holding you children.
- Practice meditation.
Basic Alignment Principles of Embody Radiance
The first principle we work with in Embodied Radiance Yoga is to open and expand. We start by relaxing our minds and bringing our awareness to the breath, the center of the heart and our foundation. We become aware of the body as whole.
The second principle is to connect to Infinite Source. Open to the Multiverse. Open and be receptive to receiving the intelligence from infinite source.
The third principle is Rooting. Then we bring that awareness of our connection to the infinite and the solar energy of the sun down through our crown and root it through our root into the earth.
The fourth principle is integration. This principle is about integrating these two energies of infinite and rooted within our bodies, connecting us to the sushumna nadi, the central kundalini channel associated with the river Saraswati that runs up the spine. Here we are embodied presence connected and flowing with the pulse of all life.